Launched by the National Energy Administration and United States Department of Energy, presented by China Overseas Development Association, Solar Decathlon China is a green energy building technological competition with global universities as participants. Based on the technologies and ideas of world-leading R&D and designing teams, the competition is established to create a functionally-complete,comfortable, livable and sustainable living space. It is achieved by freshly combining clean energy, energy conservation, environmental protection and architectural design, promoting the development of green buildings and enhancing people's environmental awareness as well as innovative growth and commercialization. Moreover, taking buildings as the carrier, intelligent household as the core and the ideals of citizens of the world as philosophy, the competition is designed to create a solar energy industry as famous as Olympic Games.
CHINA SHANDONG DEZHOU
Dezhou is “the sun city in China”, through the solar energy industry chain upstream and
downstream extension continuously，Dezhou become the biggest solar industry clusters in
China.Covers the solar water heater, solar
photovoltaic power generation and lighting,Solar energy combined with construction, high
temperature solar thermal power generation, solar energy air conditioning,Desalination and so on many kinds of renewable energy applications.
Dezhou will gradually develop into a comfortable and livable,sustainable development of green city.
Each team is required to design and build a double-decker, solar-powered house with the finished area of 120-200 m2. The house must aim at the permanent use of one single family. Equipped with all necessary household appliances such as TV, refrigerator, cooktop, dishwasher, washing machine and computer, every house shall provide household electric vehicle as well as its matched charging device, while all appliances must be powered by solar energy. Besides, SD will evaluate the house’s cost feasibility, power efficiency, environment adaptability, and power generation capacity, etc. Furthermore, the outcome of the completion is determined by a total of ten contests.
2018 Solar Decathlon China invited 22 unite teams which from more than 11 countries,43 universities
Names listed in no particular order
MISSION AND VISION
With China's transformation in economic development mode, the thirteenth "Five-year Plan" will focus on adjusting national energy structure. Given slowed economic growth and lowered energy consumption, it will be a big challenge to achieve the great goal in terms of renewable energy consumption planed by the government. At the same time, structural adjustment will be implemented in China's energy sector in the coming 5 years. At present, as the concern on intensive building consumption is emerging, both the government and the public are highly desired to be free from the dependence on the high-emission energy. Holding the SDC event just demonstrates China's determination to attach great importance to the application and promotion of new energy, and implement the responsibility for energy conservation and emissions reduction.
The first SD event was held in Washington, US in 2002. Since then, it has exerted influence on the governments of the whole world, and obtained support from enterprises and the public. The evidences include sponsors of more than 6,000 brand enterprises, as well as all-out support from more than 100 governmental agencies and professional institutions, 3,000,000 visitors and 300 million media audiences.
In the first Solar Decathlon China held in 2013, 37 universities and more than 1,000 university students from 13 countries took part in the whole design and manufacturing process. In addition, the competition gained support and participation of more than 30 governmental agencies, more than 200 international institutions and the enterprises in relevant industries, as well as 260,000 visitors.
2018 Solar Decathlon China will be jointly held by China National Energy Administration, the Department of Energy (DOE, USA) and the China Association for Overseas Industry Development. On the occasion, more than 30 talent teams comprising the outstanding students from over 50 countries in 7 continents will collect at Dezhou City, Shandong Province.
Future beautiful homes will be created by combining the innovative ability of the young talents and the cutting-edge technologies, as well as the competition.
HIGHLIGHT OF COMPETITION
• Double-layer building meeting the demand of Chinese market
• Energy balance assessment of new electric vehicle and charging pile
• Assessment of new energy storage
• 3-month exhibition period for public
• 10,000 + m2 independent display area
• 9 theme weeks (low carbon industry, life...)
• 360º media campaigns
• Series Summits on SDC Low Carbon Development
Intelligent Low-carbon Park Entity
• Works entering the competition will be permanently retained in the arena
• Link the residential buildings, public buildings, electric piles, energy system together, and build China's first intelligent low-carbon park demonstration entity
Education and talent
• 1,000+ talents with investigation and research experience in actual projects
• Expert databases and intellectual support from nearly 50 international famous universities
• 22 Chinese and foreign joint teams, localization of international vision
Innovation and entrepreneurship
• Encourage universities make innovation under the guidance of the market demand
• Post SD operation
SDC later operation
• Establish “SD Chinese Low-carbon Development Alliance” which consists of strategic partners, government, colleges and universities, financial institutions and so on
• Take SD as a starting point; actually participate in China's new-type urbanization, beautiful villages and other entities